This position has beed filled
About the Production Lead Position:
We are currently looking for someone to join our dynamic team to produce our skincare products. As the Apoterra Production Lead, you will get to produce on a daily basis facial oils, cold process soaps, toners, body scrubs and more - all made from organic & sustainably sourced natural ingredients.
The production lead’s goal is to create natural skincare products, maintain and elevate excellent production standards and maintain a high level of organization and cleanliness in the production space. This involves physically making natural skincare products following established quality control and bookkeeping protocols and ensuring that ingredient and finished goods quality meets our strict standards.
- Become part of a small, laid back team
- Flexible Schedule
- Learn how to make natural skincare products
- Great view from the studio!
- Employee discounts
- Possibility of PTO & Health Benefits after 3 months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce skincare products, including but not limited to cold process soap, facial oils, toners, scrub, body butters, skin teas and more (paid training is part of the onboarding process)
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Maintain clear communication with the Production Operations Manager and CEO
Within the first 6 months of employment, you should be able to:
- Produce all 17+ products autonomously
- Use and maintain all production equipment
- Meet all quality control standards during the production process
- With the assistance and leadership of the Production Operations Manager, help maintain a production facility that can pass an inspection by the CT Department of Consumer Protection Drug Division
- Able and willing to do manual labor on a daily basis
- You must be able to and willing to lift 50lbs
- Are willing to learn how to use and maintain production equipment and other machinery such as an air compressor
This job might be for you if you:
- Love baking or cooking
- Are detail oriented and organized
- Are able to do basic math and conversions ( Example: If 28g = 30 ml of product A, how many grams are in 4 fl oz of product A?)
- Love to learn and can self teach
- Have good communication skills
- Love natural skincare, aromatherapy, herbalism and/or healthy living.
- Have experience working in quality control
- Have professional food prep/baking experience or have experience making skincare products
- Have experience using Google Drive and excel
- Have a passion for sustainability/eco-friendliness
- Have a passion for healthy living
Compensation: Varies, depending on experience. 32 hours per week to start, with possibility of PTO, health benefits and 40 hrs (salary) position after 3 months of employment.
Location: On top of a hill, surrounded by trees and with a great view in Waterbury, CT
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Production Lead job application” as the subject of your email. Thank you!